Warrant, obstructing charges
Montgomery police arrested Terrell Correa, 20, of North Aurora, Jan. 2 at 12:20 a.m. after stopping his vehicle for a speeding violation on Howell Place at Montgomery Road. Police said Correa was wanted on a DeKalb County warrant for failure to appear for financial institution fraud and was charged with obstructing identification after he initially provided police with a false name.
Domestic battery arrest
Montgomery police arrested Julian Malagon, 37, of Montgomery in the 2200 block of Margaret Drive Jan. 2 at 10:15 p.m. on a charge of domestic battery. Police said Malagon struck another member of his household.
A purse was stolen out of a Pontiac van that was parked in the 3000 block of Iron Leige Lane Jan. 1, Montgomery police reported.
Domestic battery charge
Montgomery police arrested Efrain Contreras of the 1800 block of Windette, Montgomery, Jan. 1 at 2:15 a.m. at his residence on a charge of domestic battery. Police said Contreras was transported from the village police station to the Kane County Jail to await a bond call.
Montgomery police arrested Kayla Cartwright of the 0-100 block of Scarsdale Road, Boulder Hill, Dec. 30 at River and Mill streets on a Kendall County warrant for failure to appear in court on a prior charge of possession of cannabis.
Montgomery police arrested Jason Atkins of the 100 block East Countryside Drive, Yorkville, Dec. 31 on Route 30 at Blackberry Drive on a Kane County warrant for failure to appear in court for a violation of order of protection.
Two tires on a vehicle parked in the 2200 block of Gallant Fox Drive were found slashed Dec. 29, Montgomery police were notified.
• Paula Mosqueda-Ruiz of the 500 block of 5th Avenue, Aurora, driving on a suspended license and failure to signal.
• Edgar Dominguez, 1300 block of Monomoy Street, Aurora, no valid license and driving on an expired registration.
• Juan Anay, 900 block of Walter Street, Aurora, no valid license and only one headlight.
• Anthony Spencer, 1300 block of Marketplace Drive, Yorkville, driving on a suspended license and no rear registration plate light.
• Tremane Jylees, 200 block of Springbrook Trail, Oswego, driving on a suspended license and not wearing a seat belt.
• Orlando Campos of the 900 block of Blue Bell Circle, Joliet, driving on a suspended license and failure to dim headlights.
• Samuel Roacha Guentes of the 700 block South River Street, Montgomery, driving on a suspended license and failure to dim headlights.