DeKalb County Treasurer Christine Johnson has announced that her office has made the final distribution of DeKalb County real estate tax money to county taxing districts for the year.
This year, the office collected and distributed $216,469,739.35 to county taxing districts.
The final distribution also included $184,892.86 in interest that was earned by the treasurer’s office for the benefit of the taxing bodies while the funds were in the treasurer’s custody.
Taxpayers also took advantage of the opportunity to pay their taxes online, according to Johnson.
“This year, more than $10 million in taxes were paid electronically. This has been our most successful year yet for this program,” said Johnson.
A breakdown of the total taxes distributed is as follows:
• School districts, $128,736,435.94 (59.47 percent)
• DeKalb County, $21,893,621.03 (10.11 percent)
• Cities and villages, $15,528,598.87 (7.17 percent)
• Community college districts, $12,654,827.52 (5.85 percent)
• TIF districts, $9,460,123.82 (4.37 percent)
• Townships and road and bridge districts, $8,871,331.48 (4.10 percent)
• Park Districts, $8,335,731.67 (3.85 percent)
• Library districts, $4,808,046.17 (2.22 percent)
• Fire districts, $4,467,854.93 (2.07 percent)
• DeKalb County Forest Preserve, $1,539,955.94 (0.71 percent)
• Drainage districts, $173,211.98 (0.08 percent)